The online Master of Science in Quality Assurance (MSQA) degree program is designed to prepare professionals in quality, engineering, science, management, health care, government and service industries for career advancement.
Click here to access CSUDH’s MSQA site content.
Topics covered include Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, ISO 9000, reliability, benchmarking, process improvement, quality control, human factors in quality assurance, measurement and testing techniques, quality project management, productivity, quality function management, and customer satisfaction.
The MSQA is available entirely online or at your place of business. For information about setting up classes at your place of business, call 310-243-3880 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Quality Assurance is an interdisciplinary profession utilized in all areas of management in manufacturing, service, government, and health care organizations. The career opportunities in this rapidly growing field are excellent as the demand for graduate Quality Assurance professionals continues to increase. Participants in the Master of Science in Quality Assurance receive education in both the technical and administrative foundations of this dynamic field. Graduates will have been trained in current practices and methods required by management for implementing and improving operational performance and customer satisfaction.
The MSQA Program has been developed by experienced and dedicated professionals who have coordinated the curriculum to ensure course offerings meet the changing requirements for improved organizational competitiveness.
Participating in MSQA course work will help prepare professionals to take the examinations leading to the Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Quality Engineer, (CQE), Certified Quality Manager (CQM), and Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certifications.
Program Goals and Objectives
The master of Science in Quality Assurance (MSQA) is designed to prepare professionals in quality, engineering, science, management, health care, government and service industries for career advancement.
In order to help manage and lead today’s organization toward the objective of “total quality,” an interdisciplinary approach is taken to blend study in management, quality concepts, and statistical tools. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs and interests of the working professional. Relevant theoretical and practical course work, independent study, interaction with fellow students and leading learning experience.
A unique feature of the MSQA program is the opportunity students have to customize their program of study to include areas of personal and professional interest
During the course of the program students will acquire knowledge and skills from among the following areas, chosen to appeal to professionals seeking a unique and satisfying interdisciplinary experience:
- Managing a quality organization.
- Planning and implementing a quality assurance program.
- Troubleshooting and solving quality problems both administrative and technical.
- Incorporating quality concepts and human factor techniques in the design of organizational operations.
- Creating and managing supplier control systems.
- Developing and analyzing statistical process control charts.
- Developing and analyzing acceptance sampling plans.
- Design of experiments (analysis of variance techniques).
- Performing quality cost analysis.
- Performing reliability maintainability, and safety systems reviews.
- Performing quality system audits.
MSQA Mission Statement | CSUDH Catalog
MSQA Program Level Student-Centered Objectives:
- Apply advanced principles and tools from quality and measurement science to problem solving and measuring reliability and performance in production and service industries
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate problems, processes, and solutions to management and external audiences using technical and business communications
- Evaluate complex, integrated organizational systems and processes in order to recognize and measure system failures scientifically, synthesize data and form solutions
- Explain (in technical and non-technical terms) measurement uncertainty and errors by using advanced methods from dimensional, electrical and physical metrology and develop solutions to minimize these errors
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research using primary and secondary sources, analyze information, interpret data, draw conclusions
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Quality professional, including staying abreast the ASQ Body of Knowledge and industry standards
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics, science and quality concept to solve problems.
- Design a quality system, component, experiment, or process to meet industry standards
- Identify, formulate and solve quality problems involving physical, human, and economic parameters.
California State University Dominguez Hills provides the following information for its online and distance learning students in compliance with State Authorization information & Consumer Complaints federal Title IV regulation. Federal law [Section668.43(b)] requires all institutions must disclose to all students or prospective students the complaint agency in all states where students reside. If a student has a complaint or concern, information on how to contact a state agency and register a complaint, can be found at the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/AcadAff/state-regulatory-authorizations/index.shtml.